Tuesday, March 1, 2005

God Bless America

3/1, 9:37am: The Declaration of Independence stands as one of the greatest written documents of all time. However, our founding fathers - God bless them all - forgot to make one other proclamation. It should have read as follows: “...and we the people, being of sound mind and body, also would like to mention how tired we are of eating your greasy-ass English breakfast every day of the week. Would it kill ya to throw out a bowl of cereal now &then? How ‘bout some oatmeal or a bagel? We’re definitely running our own gig from now on. Thanks, but see ya later your Majesty.”

In honor of that unfortunate omission, and after having what could quite possibly be described as the most disgusting meal of my life, I am in my room sitting down  to a bowl of Cheerios. I can feel my arteries thanking me with every mouthful.

On a more pertinent note, there’s a rumour going ‘round that tonight’s show might be cancelled. Engelbert is feeling a bit under the weather. Max kindly offered to pinch hit but about half way through “Man Without Love” he began coughing uncontrollably. I said he should try it without the cigarette in his mouth, but the damage had already been done; he was out of the running.

I have some laundry in the sink and then it’s off with my book for some tea and relaxation in the hotel lounge. Ahh, life is good.

I love you all!
--Adam

No comments: