Monday, March 21, 2005

I love Paris in the Springtime

3/21, 11:27pm: Well folks, we made it! Closed out the European tour in grand style at Olympia Hall in Paris. I am not exaggerating when I say it was one of the best - if not the best - shows we played. E-Hump had not played Paris in 14 years and the turnout, as well as the response to every song, showed it. I think it must’ve given me a boost as I played my best solo of the tour too. It was just like it must’ve been in the old days with women rushing the stage and security guys literally lifting them up and ushering them back into the crowd. Unbelieveable! Someone even rushed me and then when she got close, I realized it was the gal from the front desk at the hotel saying I hadn’t paid my bill.

Had the day off yesterday to explore Paris and took in two of it’s most notable attractions; The Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower. There’s even a version of the Statue of Liberty here, but with armpit hair.

Anyhow, Paris lived up to and exceeded everything I imagined it to be. There’s just too much to see & do to do it justice in one day. I must...no, I will!...return to this beautiful city someday.

Music fans, this is it for a couple of weeks. We kick off again in April in the good ol’ USA. Until then, stay tuned and I shall return.

I remain, your friendly neighborhood bassist.
--Adam

No comments: