Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Lucky Charms

2/15: Played our first gig of the European tour tonight; Waterfront Hall in Belfast. It was a beautiful facility right (as the name implies) on the waterfront. The band sounded good and, as usual, the audience knew all the old tunes and the laides were gushing over Humpy.
We’re carrying three horn players from England for this part of the tour and they’re doing a great job. Nice chaps too. (Dig how I said “chaps”? It’s already rubbing off on me!)

Got back to the hotel room and found myself extremely hungry. Much to my dismay, all the restaurants in the hotel were closed. I asked someone if there were any late-night eateries in the area and he told me about a pizza place just down the street from the hotel. Now, the concept of Irish pizza was a bit difficult to wrap my brain around, but I was hungry and so off I went. Well folks, I’m here to tell ya, when you visit Ireland, don’t order the pizza. I know they put pepperoni on it but the flavorless dime-sized pieces on my pizza vaguely resembled what we get in the US. Nevertheless, it filled me up and I’ll make up for it by hitting the breakfast buffet (yup, another buffet!) tomorrow morning.

That’s all for now. Tomorrow we head for Glasgow, Scotland.

Stay tuned!
--Adam

No comments: